White Cream Sauce for Fish Tacos:
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 whole red jalapeno peppers.
- puree the jalapeno peppers with a dash of vegetable oil and lime juice
- mix the pureed peppers with the remaining ingredients.
Keep in mind that I did it all to taste so those amounts are vague approximations.
- To balance the sour cream and mayonnaise: when it's complete you should only barely be able to taste any mayonnaise.
- To get the viscosity right just keep adding lime juice until the mixture is about 1/3rd as thick as mayonnaise.
- Add cumin to taste, but you shouldn't taste too much cumin in the finished product.
They were so freakin' delicious I had 8. I guess playing 3 hours of squash on both Saturday and Sunday made me huuuuuuungry.